Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An Easy Home Based Recording Established to Create Top Quality Audio Items For The Business

Initially when i first learned about podcasting almost 3 years ago, I understood immediately I needed to get it done. Once I learned how, I made the decision to possess a small-scale in-home recording studio to record my podcasts. With the guidance of my website owner who's my tech guru, I could quite cheaply come up with everything I desired to record. She could look around and obtain my reasonably listed equipment and all sorts of equipment was easy to use. 

Now when you are thinking "Well, she could do this, she's most likely into technology", you would be very wrong. I am an infant Boomer lady so when I had been attending college, computer systems required up how big a sizable climate-controlled room and also you needed to do keypunch cards to program the pc. Personal computer systems arrived and also the most technical factor I possibly could do, until I discovered podcasting, was create Word documents and open email. But I learned and when I possibly could learn, you can as well. 

So what's needed within this simple in-home recording set-up? Actually, not a great deal is needed. I have 7 items. I have my laptop (obviously you can make use of your PC), a studio quality microphone, a desk microphone stand, a pop screen, a ripper tools, a microphone mixer (to enhance the seem) along with a Y adapter cable (for connecting mixer to ripper tools). That's it.  

I personally use a sound-Technica Professional Series Vocal Microphone (Professional 31 QTR). A wide diaphragm condenser microphone is suggested for voice-overs however i discover that my 2.09-inch (53.1mm) mind diameter provides me with great seem in my podcasts and Compact disc tracks. This microphone has the cable along with a stand clamp. 

The microphone stand I personally use is really a desk model and originates from On-Stage Stands. I make use of a metal pop-screen from NADY but you will find many to select from that may clamp onto your microphone stand. Pop-screens cut lower around the explosive or wind sounds we make whenever we say certain letters.  

My microphone mixer comes from Radio Shack and it is a Stereo system 4-funnel mixer. It utilizes a 9-volt battery. 

My ripper tools comes from Behringer (FCA202). It is compact and extremely top quality your money can buy. It comes with FireWire audio interface. 

My equipment has survived superbly for more than 2 yrs and so i haven't yet replace any one of it the model amounts most likely have transformed. 

The microphone receives the seem that is delivered to the mixer which transmits it towards the ripper tools using a Y adapter cable. The ripper tools is how the miracle happens- taking your voice that is within an analog signal and transforming it to some digital signal so it transmits via FireWire towards the laptop and also the recording software.

Now comes the program part. You will require an application program for recording and editing seem. I usually have used Audacity it's free program and for that reason is free of charge. (There might be a certification fee for Audacity in certain nations.) The software obtainable in the Audacity site. You will find other individuals available which are fee-based for example The new sony Seem Forge.  

Additionally, you will require a computer software to export the audio file you create inside your recording program into MP3 or WAV. The LAME recorder performs this for you personally it's also free and could be downloaded free of charge. (There might be a certification fee for LAME in certain nations.) Just Google in LAME encoder and it will lead you towards the site. Please observe that it does not work in most recording software packages however it works with Audacity.  

I convert both to MP3 and WAV, while using WAV files if I will burn a Compact disc of my recording. 

You might be stating that this can be a lot...how about we I simply record over the telephone and employ a course like Audio Acrobat? You could but the standard of seem is nowhere near the standard from the setup I suggest. My tracks always seem like I recorded inside a studio (except after i do phone interviews). 

The standard of seem is essential whenever you offer lengthy audios...particularly if you are recording for any home study system or delivering your training or teleclasses out via MP3 download. After some time, the hiss and tickly seem of phone tracks goes away the ear of the listener. Why not opt for the greatest quality you are able to for the audience?

No comments:

Post a Comment